- Begin by offering to pick them up – so they don’t have to hassle with traffic or parking. Handle everything so that they have nothing to worry about. Wouldn’t YOU love a stress-free hour or two in the middle of YOUR day? And always make a reservation.
- Indulge your clients with topical conversation and listen to what they have to say! ASK QUESTIONS! Find out what’s important to them. Whether they want to talk about sports, home, family, or work, you will learn more about what makes them tick. They are bound to reveal something of their personality, and that will give you an advantage when doing business with them. The more you know about a person, the better you will be able to relate to them.
- Be considerate when ordering. If your client is on a health regime, don’t devour lasagne and cheesecake while they pick at a salad. And if you’re the one on watching what you eat and your client wants the lasagne, order accordingly. Just don’t make a big deal out of it, and your client will never realise that you are watching what you eat.
- When ordering, remember to choose something that you can get into your mouth, and not on your tie, shirt or dress! Take small bites so that if you are asked a question, you can answer it quickly without a big show of chewing and swallowing, and never talk with food in your mouth!
- Always pay for lunch with a credit card. Paying with cash can create a “Let’s all chip in” atmosphere. A credit card is authoritative and says “I’ve got it.”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.